Aurora House is a nonprofit licensed Special Care Facility that provides a residence with compassionate end-of-life care at no cost to the patient. This special house offers love and compassion through community volunteers and an amazing staff. Quality care is provided in a home-like atmosphere.
We become the ones who do the caregiving so family can be a family again: making memories, building a legacy, sharing love.
Patients within our care receive:
- 24 Hour consecutive care
- 24 Hour staffing to coordinate care and communicate with the family
- Prepared meals and/or physician recommended supplements
- Administration of prescription medications for pain management and anxiety
When you think that Aurora House would be right for you, ask your hospice social worker to refer you to us – or they may suggest Aurora House to you. Our number is 956-973-9690. We’ll need a referral packet sent to us by your hospice, found below.
Information for Hospices:
Every Guest who comes to Aurora House must:
- Be a patient of a hospice agency in the Rio Grande Valley area
- Be diagnosed with a terminal disease/condition with three months, weeks or days to live
- Have a signed Out-Of-Hospital Do Not Resuscitate (OOH DNR)
- Have a hospice plan for continued care in case of discharge
Please download REFERRAL FORMS BELOW for FULL Policies and Procedures. Fax completed forms to 956-973-9705.
WELCOME TO AURORA HOUSE!